Untitled Space Artist in Residence Program encourages both young artists to continue their practice upon graduation and practicing artists to be keep inspired. Untitled AIR aims at providing an ideal living environment for all artists. Opens to all contemporary artists throughout the year (except February), during the residency, artists are encouraged to create a new body of work, engage in conversation with artists and researchers from China and around the world.
Untitled Space will provide a sharing studio, each resident artist has their own working space. For painters, easels and tool trolleys are available. For printmaking artists, we have exposure machine for silkscreen and dark room. For photography and multimedia artists, we have a dark room for film developing and professional photography lighting gear, as well as a full HD projector and dual-channel speakers. For ceramic artists, kiln and throwing wheels are also available. Also, a wide variety of tools available for artists, as well as the high-speed wireless internet is available. Resident artists have 24-hours access to the studio.
Selected artists will be provided with a private bedroom with a queen size(1.5m wide) or super single size (1.2m wide) bed and air conditioner (warm and cold), a desk and a chair, an open closet. Artists are free to share the fridge, kitchen, dining table, washing machine and dryer in the common space. There is WiFi coverage in every room. Resident artists are responsible for cleaning their own room.
- 4 Weeks Program：28 days
- 8 Weeks Program: 56 days
- 12 Weeks Program: 84 days
*Each program is between the first day to the last day of the month.
*Artists can stay more than the listed days, there will be an extra charge.
- Providing fully-accessible studios and facilities
- Helping resident artists sourcing materials in China
- Promoting work to a wider audience, physically and digitally
- Initiating critical dialogue and collaborative work between resident artists and local artists
- Providing free translation for artist's statement and bio
- Promoting artists' residence activity through our website, individual artist poster, local art community, and social media
- Photo or video documentation for archival and publicity purpose, the data can be shared with resident artists
Untitled Space Artist in Residence Program will host one Open Studio every month, to showcase resident artists work in progress. Meet up with friends and artists met during their stay, engage new conversation, as well getting feedback regarding their residency works. We also encourage resident artists conducting a workshop with the local community, building personal relationships that benefit both resident artists and locals. We will be providing free translation for the workshop organized by the resident artist. (Participation for the open studio/workshop is not compulsory)
Untitled Space will curate exhibitions for resident artists depend on the subject of works produced by resident artists. Exhibitions are a chance for resident artists to summarize their project in Untitled Space Artist in Residence Program. Resident artists will exhibit their works at Untitled Space Gallery according to our exhibition schedule. (Participation for the exhibition is not compulsory)
- The residency program is run as a sustainable residency. Resident artists need to pay a residency fee total of 8800CNY per artist for every 4 weeks (28days) stay, which is to meet the minimum cost of running the residency program.
- Residency Program does not carry any funding or sponsorship program yet, so encourage artists to manage the scholarship application, grants or financial support in their home countries during the application period. Untitled Space will provide the necessary documentation to the selected applicant that so requires.
- The artist is responsible for transportation, food, art material, and other living expenses.