UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ AiR encourages both young artists to continue their practice upon graduation and practicing artists to be kept inspired. UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ AiR aims at providing an ideal creative and living environment for all artists. Opens to all contemporary artists throughout the year, during the residency, artists are encouraged to create a new body of work, engage in conversation with artists from China and around the world. Since the launch of the residency project in October 2017, there are over 100 artists have participated in the UИTITLEDSPΛCE residency program.
UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ the building itself covers an area of 550 square meters, a total of 4 floors. The ground floor contains 6 private studio within sharing studio space (total of 220 square meters) and 3 storage rooms. The 1st floor filled with 2 exhibition spaces, 1 cafe, and kitchen, 1 laundry room, 2 courtyards. The 2nd floor contains 7 private rooms for resident artists. The 3rd floor contains an office and 1 rooftop terrace. Gallery, accommodation, and studio all in the same building, for a more convenient living and working environment, ideal for an art residency.
UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ AiR will provide a semi-sharing studio, each resident artist has their own working space. There is a wide variety of tools/equipment available for resident artists. Such as easel, tripod, lighting gear, projector, monitor, speakers, electric kiln and etc.
UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ AiR provides private bedrooms for selected artists with a queen-size or super single size bed with air conditioner (warm and cold), a desk and a chair, an open closet. Artists are free to use the cafe/kitchen, laundry room(washing machine and dryer), rooftop garden with outdoor swings, and other common space.
UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ AiR will curate exhibitions for resident artists at the end of each residency program. Exhibitions are a chance for resident artists to summarize their projects and experience during the residency. Resident artists will exhibit their works at the UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ Gallery according to our exhibition schedule (Usually the exhibition takes place on the last weekend of the month).
Artists who stay for 1 or 2 months, will participate in the group exhibition, for the artist who stays for 3 months, there will be a solo exhibition.
*Participation in the exhibition is not compulsory.
无题空间艺术家驻地坐落在有着1700多年历史的江南水乡古镇 - 朱家角。从朱家角到市区乘坐地铁大约40分钟，从无题空间走路到朱家角地铁站大约15分钟。朱家角也是上海最大的艺术家社区之一，常驻艺术家众多。在同社区里也有便利店、饭店、酒吧、茶楼、电影院。
UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ AiR located at ancient water town - Zhujiajiao, was established about 1,700 years ago. From Zhujiajiao to the downtown is about 40mins by the metro, walk from UИTITLEDSPΛCE®️ to Zhujiajiao metro station is about 15 mins. Zhujiajiao is one of the largest artist community in Shanghai, many artists live and works here. Convenience stores, restaurants, bars, tea houses, and cinema all within the same compound.
黄明达 Mingda Huang
Jessica Mae Shen
Vera Wong 王雅慧
(United States 美国)
Shi Ruoyi 石若宜
刘媛媛 Yuanyuan Liu
- 1 Month Stay
- 2 Months Stay
- 3 Months Stay
*Each program is between the 1st and 31st of the month.
- The artist must be independent, and capable of working and living on their own.
- The artist is required to deal with the production, installation, and de-installation by themselves.
- The artist has to apply for their visa personally, and the visa should conform to the residency.
- The artist must read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- The residency is run as a sustainable program, the residency fee meets the minimal cost of running the residency.
- For the current residency fee, please email: email@example.com
- The residency does not carry any funding support yet, so we encourage artists to manage the scholarship application, grants, or financial support in their home countries during the application period. UИTITLEDSPΛCE will provide the necessary documentation to the selected applicant that so requires.
- Resident artist is responsible for their transportation, food, art material, and other living expenses.
- At the end of each residency program, all residency works belong to the residency artists, and UИTITLEDSPΛCE does not ask for the residency artists to donate their residency works.