2019 Spring Open Call 春季驻地公开招募
About Untitled Space Artist in Residence Program
Untitled Space Artist in Residence Program encourages both young artists to continue their practice upon graduation and practicing artists to be keep inspired. Untitled AiR aims at providing an ideal living environment for all artists. Opens to all contemporary artists throughout the year (except February), during the residency, artists are encouraged to create a new body of work, engage in conversation with artists and researchers from China and around the world.
Duration of Residency
Between 1-3 months
- Visual Art
- New Media
- Film Making
- Performing Arts
Selected artists will be provided with a private bedroom with a queen size(1.5m wide) or super single size (1.2m wide) bed and air conditioner (warm and cold), a desk and a chair, an open closet. Artists are free to share the fridge, kitchen, dining table, washing machine and dryer in the common space. There is WiFi coverage in every room. Resident artists are responsible for cleaning their own room.
Untitled Space will provide a sharing studio, each resident artist has their own working space. For painters, easels and tool trolleys are available. For printmaking artists, we have exposure machine for silkscreen and dark room. For photography and multimedia artists, we have a dark room for film developing and professional photography lighting gear, as well as a full HD projector and dual-channel speakers. For ceramic artists, kiln and throwing wheels are also available. Also, a wide variety of tools available for artists, as well as the high-speed wireless internet is available. Resident artists have 24-hours access to the studio.
- The residency program is run as a sustainable residency. Selected resident artist need to pay a residency fee total of 8800 CNY for one month stay, which is to meet the minimum cost of running the residency program
- Residency Program does not carry any funding or scholarship yet, so encourage artists to manage the scholarship application, grants or financial support in their home countries during the application period. Untitled Space will provide the necessary documentation to the selected applicant that so requires
- The artist is responsible for transportation, food, art material, and other living expenses.
- Applicant artist submit the online application form
- Untitled Space and external judges will decide the selection of applicant based on the submitted materials
- The selected applicant will be notified by email
- Non-selected artists will also be notified by email
- Selected artist submit one profile photo, and two images of works (with title and details)
Please fill in the application form at http://theuntitled.cn/apply/
or email the following info to firstname.lastname@example.org
(marked with a * are required)
- Website/Online Portfolio*
- Residency Proposal*
- Residency Period*
请在 http://theuntitled.cn/apply/ 填写申请表格
带有 * 标识为必填内容