2018 AIR Summer Open Call 夏季驻地公开招募
About Untitled Space
Untitled Space is an independent art space founded and run by artists. As the title ‘Untitled’ suggests, we strive to provide creative space and exchange platform for contemporary artists without any restriction and boundary. Untitled Space is dedicated to showcasing contemporary art exhibitions, installs programs that support academic research and providing workshops for the public. In addition, United Space encourages collaboration with the local artists in the context of Chinese contemporary society; where multicultural expression sparks fresh perspectives and ideas.
About Untitled Space Artist in Residence Program
Untitled Space Artist in Residence Program is a non-profit program of Untitled Space. This artist residency program encourages both young artists to continue their practice upon graduation and practicing artists to be keep inspired. Untitled AIR aims at providing an ideal living environment for all artists. Opens to all contemporary artists throughout the year; regardless of age, nationality or medium. During the residency, artists are encouraged to create a new body of work, engage in conversation with artists and researchers from China and around the world, exhibit his/her work at the contemporary art exhibition held by Untitled Space.
Duration of Residency
Between 1-3 months
- Visual Art
- New Media
- Film Making
- Performing Arts
- Printmaking Facilities
- Ceramics Facilities
- Photography Facilities
- Printmaking Facilities
- Color Printer
Resident artists stay in an 8 bedrooms house right next to the studio. Selected artists will be provided with a private bedroom with a king size (2m wide) or queen size(1.5m wide) or super single size (1.2m wide) bed and air conditioner (warm and cold), a desk and a chair, an open closet. Every bedroom comes with private sink, toilet, and shower. Artists are free to share the fridge, kitchen, dining table and washing machine in the common space. There is WiFi coverage in every room. Resident artists are responsible for cleaning their own room.
In order to meet the needs of the program’s resident artist in his or her art practice, Untitled Space will provide one sharing studio (300sqm/3300sqf), comes with sink and toilet. For painters, easels and tool trolleys are available. For printmaking artists, we have exposure machine for silkscreen and dark room. For photography and multimedia artists, we have a dark room for film developing and professional photography lighting gear, as well a full HD projector and dual-channel speakers. For ceramic artists, kiln and throwing wheels are also available. Also, a wide variety of tools available the for artists, as well as the high-speed wireless internet is available. Resident artists have24-hours access to the studio.
- There is no application fee required
- The residency program is run as a sustainable residency. Selected resident artist need to pay a residency fee total of 5650 CNY for one month stay, which is to meet the minimum cost of running the residency program
- Residency Program does not carry any funding or scholarship yet, so encourage artists to manage the scholarship application, grants or financial support in their home countries during the application period. Untitled Space will provide the necessary documentation to the selected applicant that so requires
- The artist is responsible for transportation, food, art material and other living expenses.
- If artists have company staying with the artist during his/her period of residence, any additional guests will be charged 2800 CNY per person per month
- Applicant artist submit the online application form
- Untitled Space and external judges will decide the selection of applicant based on the submitted materials
- The selected applicant will be notified by email
- Non-selected artists will also be notified by email
- Selected artist submit one profile photo, and two images of works (with title and details)
- Selection results will be made public on Untitled Space website’s artists page.
Please fill in the application form at http://theuntitled.cn/apply/
or email the following info to firstname.lastname@example.org
(marked with a * are required)
- Website/Online Portfolio*
- Residency Proposal*
- Residency Period*
请在 http://theuntitled.cn/apply/ 填写申请表格
带有 * 标识为必填内容