About the Residency
Untitled Space Artist in Residence Program is a non-profit program of Untitled Space. This artist in residence program encourages both young artists to continue their practice upon graduation and practicing artists to be inspired by the historical and culturally rich Shanghai and Suzhou. Untitled AIR aims at providing an ideal living environment for all artists. Opens to all contemporary artists throughout the year; regardless of age, nationality or medium. During the residency, artists are encouraged to create a new body of work, engage in conversation with artists and researchers from China and around the world, exhibit his/her work at the contemporary art exhibition held by Untitled Space.
Between one and three months
- The artist should be in good health.
- The artist must be independent, and capable of working and living on his or her own.
- The artist is required to deal with the production, installation, and de-installation solely by him or herself.
- The artist should be present for more than 20 days of the residency period.
- The artist should be able to speak and understand basic English for daily conversation.
- The artists have to apply for his/her visa personally, and the visa should conform to the residency.
- Total cost for one month stay (31 days maximum) in the residency program is 8600RMB.
- AIR program is a non-profit program, does not carry any funding or sponsorship program yet, so encourage artists to manage the scholarship application, grants or financial support in their home countries during the application period. Untitled Space will provide the necessary documentation to the selected applicant that so requires.
- The artist is responsible for transportation, food, art material and other personal expenses.
- If artists have company staying with the artist during his/her period of residence, any additional guests will be charged 4300RMB per person per month.
Available Slots for 2018/19 可选时间段
*× Occupied Slot 不可选时段 ○ Available Slot 可选时段
Application to the Untitled Space Artist in Residence Program
Please use this application form or email us following information to firstname.lastname@example.org